Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where How Why are my I-Photos. . . . (gone)

All I use my computer for is emails searching the web and photos. I can't find my iPhotos. I can't figure out how to download new photos. Do I now have to purchase space on my MacbookPro for my photos. ICloud (.99 month) The only other apple devices I own is a iPod that I only use for listening to music.(no touch) not interested in pictures on iPod. And I have iPad2 that I Never use. not interested in pictures on Ipad2. I just want to download my pictures from my nice but simple easy to use Canon camera.

Can someone help ME. Please..

peace john

********.com

<E-mail Edited by Host>

MacBook Pro (17-inch Early 2008), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 2:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 4:30 AM

The iPhoto app has been discontinued and replaced with the new Photos app - take a look in your Applications folder; they should both be there. Your photos were most likely transferred to the new Photos app.

I will ask the hosts to remove your email address - it is not safe to post that in an open forum.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2015 4:30 AM in response to sunsetryan

The iPhoto app has been discontinued and replaced with the new Photos app - take a look in your Applications folder; they should both be there. Your photos were most likely transferred to the new Photos app.

I will ask the hosts to remove your email address - it is not safe to post that in an open forum.

Apr 25, 2015 8:54 AM in response to sunsetryan

sunsetryan wrote:

I can't figure out how to download new photos.

You don't have to. It is already in your Applications folder.

Do I now have to purchase space on my MacbookPro for my photos.

No

I just want to download my pictures from my nice but simple easy to use Canon camera.

Just plug it in. Should work the same way it did with iPhoto.

You would need to open Photos, first, as it must import your old iPhoto Library.

You can also continue to use iPhoto if that is what you want. If it doesn't work with Yosemite, you failed to update it prior to updating to 10.10.3.

If so, see if this helps: Get iPhoto 9.6.1 if you didn't update before OS X 10.10.3

Apr 26, 2015 4:56 AM in response to babowa

Thank You Very Much babowa, I felt like such an idiot.(or maybe just frustrated)

It just threw me for a loop. I didn't realize how long it had been since I last downloaded my camera.

I cloud is asking me to buy more photo space. 99 cents a month what is that all about. Don't answer (lol)

And thank you for erasing my post, so I guess it's no longer in the CLOUD.

peace john

Where How Why are my I-Photos. . . . (gone)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.