Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The fan of my Macbook pro is constantly running since i have done the Yosemite update. Do you what i can do about it?

Hi ,

I have the OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 and I got my computer since three years now. I never got such problems with it but since i have done the yosemite update, the fans are constantly working. Did someone in the community have similar problems and find a way to fixe it?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 4:00 AM

3 replies

Apr 25, 2015 4:06 AM in response to Gabriel5482

As a point if clarification: the fan(s) are always running. If the fans are running at excessive speeds, check the article below.

Runaway applications can shorten battery runtime, affect performance, and increase heat and fan activity - Apple Support

If nothing there appears out of the ordinary, check the article below and post back with test results.

Using EtreCheck

The fan of my Macbook pro is constantly running since i have done the Yosemite update. Do you what i can do about it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.