Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks will not sync to iPad

Hi

My PDF

* Select Books in iTunes to sync (or even select all)

* Open iBooks on iPad Air

* Start Sync

* Books appear and then vanish in the blink of an eye on the iPad.

Have tried a full restore on the iPad to no avail. This has happened for first time a few days ago.

Any suggestions as to how to remedy this extremely frustrating issue?

Thanks

SMW

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 2:08 AM

1 reply

May 20, 2015 12:50 PM in response to smw1894

Hi I am also having what sounds like the same problem.

Since updateing to IOS 8.03 the majority of my pdf's are not showing on my iPhone.

It appears that since the upgrade iBooks is not syncing my books to my iPhone app properly

The Sync all books check box had been chaged to selected books, but when I change it and click 'apply' it mostly reverts to selected books.

If this does not happen and I click sync I can see the files being transferred as normal, but when I open iBooks app on my phone the files load and appear for a short while before disappearing.

This also causes the sync all books check box in iTunes to revert back from all books to selected books, and I am back to square one.

I am running Yosemite 10.10.3

Apple iPhone 4s

runnng new 8.03

I have tried restoring from backup but the problem still persists.

It is very frustrating as I need to refer to manuals on my phone for my job.

Looking online it appears many others are experiencing the same problem– apple please help!

iBooks will not sync to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.