Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SMS fails to send or show in list of messages

I cannot send SMS (green messages) from my Apple Watch. The iMessages (blue messages) work fine.

When sending SMS, the green bar goes across, then just hangs before it completes. A few minutes later I get the failed to send message.

I do get notifications that I have received an SMS, but it is not stored in my list of messages. It just shows the "No Messages" text.

I have tried switching messaging on and off. Reseting using a new profile, and one from backup. I am using all the latest versions of iOS on iPhone 6.

Watch Sport 42mm, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 5:06 AM

30 replies

Apr 26, 2015 11:29 AM in response to jcl_paris

OK this is how I have got mine to work, I have a iPad that I am connected to with IMessage. I have both on latest software 8.3 and I have now forwarded all massages from my iPhone to my pad on setting/messages/text message forwarding. Make sure your iPad is ticked on your phone number, put the code in your phone which will be generated from your iPad. Thus worked for me. Hope it works for you.

May 1, 2015 9:20 AM in response to matt2455

Hi

i have had same problem and none of the above worked for me but what i did get to work was.

1 i unpaired apple watch (not sure if this is needed to be done)

2 go to iphone settings

3 messages

4 send and receive

5 make sure that your mobile number is ticked

i could not select my number to put a tick next to it so tried to add number under add another email it would not accept this so cancelled adding it and it then went back to send and receive and automatically put a tick next to number.

hope this helps

May 2, 2015 2:22 AM in response to matt2455

Same here. I spent over an hour on the phone to Apple yesterday and they came to the conclusion it was because I wasn't wearing the watch when the messages were received. So, slightly embarrassed, I just put it down to my error because when I wore the watch messages were coming through fine. Until late last night. Nothing again, going straight to the phone whether I have the watch on or not. Tried turning off iMessage on iPhone and even my iPad, tried restarting both iPhone and watch twice, and no luck

Bottom line, text messages on Apple Watch don't work!

SMS fails to send or show in list of messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.