Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I access my Photos library in Indesign? Iphoto worked just fine with Adobe...

Hi there,

When working with Indesign I used to have access to all my photos (and albums) in my iPhoto library. Since the change to Photos I no longer have that option. I now only see the Photo Booth as a source for pictures.So even though I have an entire library of pictures on my Mac, it now seems that I can only choose those geeky pics I made of myself with the screencamera?

So, how do I regain access to my photo libary (again) while using my Adobe-graphic programs?

Anyone with the same problem? And maybe a solution?

Apple support could not help, they directed me to Adobe....

Thanx for any answers or tips.

Bella

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 5:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 2:43 AM

I don't have InDesign but I can access the Photos library from Photoshop, using the Media Browser:

User uploaded file

Some folks are reporting difficulties with this. Oddly, some have reported that the issue fixes itself after a few hours - perhaps after background processing. Others report that simply starting iPhoto first and then trying also solves the issue.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2015 2:43 AM in response to Bella Incognita

I don't have InDesign but I can access the Photos library from Photoshop, using the Media Browser:

User uploaded file

Some folks are reporting difficulties with this. Oddly, some have reported that the issue fixes itself after a few hours - perhaps after background processing. Others report that simply starting iPhoto first and then trying also solves the issue.

Apr 26, 2015 2:43 AM in response to Yer_Man

Hello Terrence,

Thanx for your qiuck reply.

I checked, Photoshop does indeed show Photos (and the albums I created), with the same view you included in the screenshot , Indesign does not.

Tried it again after restarting the prgram, nothing. Also tried it with the Photos-app running, but no avail.

So now I will try to contact Adobe about this.

Thanx agian, this was a helpfull answer for me. :-)

How do I access my Photos library in Indesign? Iphoto worked just fine with Adobe...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.