Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes has stopped working...

I've been having a major issue with iTunes as of late. I am frequently getting the "iTunes has stopped working" message, it happens every time I open a video file in Windows Media Player, every time I plug in my iPhone and sometimes when I disconnect it, every time I insert a blank CD, and if it hasn't popped up after intially opening iTunes and I haven't done any of the previous it will pop up after about 30-45 minutes of having iTunes open. It all started after I tried to rip a new CD to my library and the last song was stuck on ripping and wouldn't complete so I had to cancel the rip, I'm not sure if this caused the problem but felt it was important enough to mention. It's incredibly frustrating and it's causing me to not want to use the program but I have an iPhone so I don't have much of a choice. Please help? I'm running the latest version of Windows 8. I haven't contacted Apple at this time because I don't want the headache so I was hoping I could get some answers here first.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 4:13 AM

3 replies

Apr 25, 2015 5:52 AM in response to michaelxfennell

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try theiTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

iTunes has stopped working...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.