Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unwanted Volume events on Playback

I'm encountering a very strange issue: using a Kontakt 5 Multi instrument I realized that on the channel 7 multi I got some unwanted volume events. The very strange is that on the region itself there aren't any volume events and not even on the track (I also made "Delete all automation on selected track"). I put a monitor after the Kontakt 5 instrument instance and I could see that it emits some ctrl 7 events!!! I can't understand from where they come...... So I tried to put the monitor after an other instrument (Ivory) and I got same volume events.....

But an even more thing is that on the Ivory instruments this issue doesn't cause anything on the sound, whereas on the kontakt multi I get sound up and down for the volume events.... BUT ONLY ON THE CHANNEL 7 MULTI: ON THE OTHERS THIS DOESN'T AFFECT THE SOUND

It's an headache......

What is happening?

What I miss?

User uploaded file

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 4:49 AM

3 replies

Apr 25, 2015 6:23 AM in response to mnstudio

In the Event List, look for Volume midi CC messages..... (#7)

It's likely your midi controller or something else you have.. (like an iPad) that is sending out midi messages and therefore LPX is recording midi cc Volume #7 codes... (or even #11 Expression) and you will find these in the event list.

Logic Pro X: Event List overview

Logic Pro X: Edit events overview

Unwanted Volume events on Playback

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.