Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When Yosemite first imposed itself on my MacBook, it slowed everything down.

When Yosemite first imposed itself on my MacBook, it slowed everything down. Now it takes a lot longer for the MacBook to even start up. Oh, and then there's that Photos app, which DOESN'T WORK! (I've spent the last hour or so just trying to get it to import photos from my camera).

<Re-Titled By Host>

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), null

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 5:34 AM

5 replies

Apr 25, 2015 8:09 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

Seriously? Asking why I don't revert back to an outdated operating system? Excuse me for expecting Apple to actually have its head on straight, unlike Microsoft. Excuse me for expecting Apple operating systems to actually work better.

I questioned dominic23's solution because I tend not to want to start playing around with a computer's internal settings (in case my doing so really screws things up). Part of his suggestion, selecting Macintosh HD as the startup disc, is unnecessary because Macintosh HD is the only thing I have on my MacBook that will start it up. (In other words, there's nothing else to select).

Apr 25, 2015 9:08 AM in response to ChanTwo

Dominic23 gave you a perfectly good answer. If you have not tried it, then that is your loss.

You are entitled to view Mavericks as an outdated OSX but just to let you know, I am using Lion an even older OSX and not experiencing any problems.

Since at this juncture all you have to offer is a rant and not any technical question, I bid you a good day.

Ciao.

When Yosemite first imposed itself on my MacBook, it slowed everything down.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.