Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect to correct Apple TV

I have two Apple TVs in my house, a 2nd generation one in the bedroom and a 3rd generation in the family room (which are named as such). I paired the Remote app on my watch with the family room one, entered the code, etc., but when finished, it didn't show up as an option on the watch as one I could control. Oddly, the bedroom one showed up instead which is weird because I thought only 3rd gen Apple TVs were compatible.

Watch Sport 42mm

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 5:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 5:03 AM

The watch might have paired up with the bedroom Apple TV instead of the family room Apple TV.

Unplug the power cord to one of the Apple TVs and pair up to the other.

I have the 2nd gen apple TV and I can control it with my watch..

4 replies

Apr 26, 2015 6:17 PM in response to cdmyers1000

I unplugged the bedroom Apple TV, but it still won't let me pair with the Family Room one.

Oddly, even though I originally paired with the Family Room one, I have full control over the bedroom one even though the watch doesn't show up in the Remotes preferences, so I have no way to remove it.

If I unplug the bedroom Apple TV, it still shows up on the watch. With the bedroom unplugged, if I try to pair it with the family room Apple TV again, it seems to work, but it doesn't show up on the watch.

I can't figure out how to remove the bedroom Apple TV from the watch. It appears that I am completely locked out from using the Remote app.

Can't connect to correct Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.