Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will I be able to trade in my iPhone 5c for a different model?

I recently had my iPhone 5C replaced a few weeks ago because the screen started popping out of the plastic casing. My two week old replacement is already causing issues. The home button requires several clicks to register I'm pressing it, and the screen is making a clicking/popping noise that is similar to the sound my first 5C was making. I'm heading to the Apple store today to get this figured out. I'm done with the 5C and don't want a third one. Does anyone know if it's possible for me to return it two weeks later? I paid $270 for the replacement since it was out of warranty. I am wanting to use that $270 and apply it towards a different model and pay the difference.

iPhone 5c

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 6:19 AM

1 reply

Apr 25, 2015 12:04 PM in response to beersst

If the phone is working, and you are in the US, you can "recycle" it at an Apple Store and receive a gift card towards the purchase of a new iPhone. You won't get $270, they will evaluate your phone and give you a price. I would use your 90 day warranty and replace the 5C, unlock the one you get and sell it on the open market. You will get more money.

Will I be able to trade in my iPhone 5c for a different model?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.