Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music randomly deleting and showing "no content"

IiPhone 5s, 64gb, iOS 8.2. If I download a purchased song from itunes, it will play for a while, then randomly the music app will show "no content". Obviously it was there, but then it's not. And it's getting worse. Today I downloaded a song three times. One of the three times, I started playing it for verification, and in the middle of play, it disappeared and I got the "no content" notification.

Ive closed and reopened the music app, restarted and also reset my iPhone. Any ideas??

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 7:27 AM

1 reply

Apr 28, 2015 7:47 AM in response to JHZR2

Hello there JHZR2,

As I understand it all of the music you sync to your phone seems to disappear completely with no error message or any prompt of any kind even after quitting the Music app and resetting the phone. I would next quit ALL the running apps on the phone:

iOS: Force an app to close

Double-click the Home button.

Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.

Swipe the app up to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again one more time:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

If the issue persists, backup your device to iTunes, then restore it as new and verify that it works.

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

If it does, then restore your backup to either verify it still works and the software just needed reinstalled, or isolate the issue to the backup file itself.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

Music randomly deleting and showing "no content"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.