Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

books in Ibooks library unable to sync to Iphone

Help!

I have this very strange problem. My books collection will not sync anymore with my Iphone 6 plus (128 Gb). I work with Yosemite on my Mac Pro and have all the latest os's installed.

When I check Ibooks on my phone while syncing with my desktop, I can see the books popping up for an instance but then disappearing again. This happens also when I sync via wifi.

Only books that I bought in the Ibooks store show up (and a few others from my own collection). This is a new phenomena because it used to go perfectly. Also with my old Iphone 4.

Thanks in advance for the help 🙂

iPhone 6 Plus, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2015 1:10 PM

Hi I am also having what sounds like the same problem.

Since updateing to IOS 8.03 the majority of my pdf's are not showing on my iPhone.

The problem appears to be that since the upgrade iBooks is not syncing my books to my iPhone app properly.

The Sync all books check box had been changed to selected books, but when I change it and click 'apply' it mostly reverts to selected books.

If this does not happen and I click sync I can see the files being transferred as normal, but when I open the iBooks app on my phone the files load and appear for a short while before disappearing.

This also causes the sync all books check box in iTunes to revert back from all books to selected books, and I am back to square one.

I am running Yosemite 10.10.3

Apple iPhone 4s

runnng new 8.03

I have tried restoring from backup but the problem still persists.

It is very frustrating as I need to refer to manuals on my phone for my job.

Looking online it appears many others are experiencing the same problem– apple please help!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2015 1:10 PM in response to dromert

Hi I am also having what sounds like the same problem.

Since updateing to IOS 8.03 the majority of my pdf's are not showing on my iPhone.

The problem appears to be that since the upgrade iBooks is not syncing my books to my iPhone app properly.

The Sync all books check box had been changed to selected books, but when I change it and click 'apply' it mostly reverts to selected books.

If this does not happen and I click sync I can see the files being transferred as normal, but when I open the iBooks app on my phone the files load and appear for a short while before disappearing.

This also causes the sync all books check box in iTunes to revert back from all books to selected books, and I am back to square one.

I am running Yosemite 10.10.3

Apple iPhone 4s

runnng new 8.03

I have tried restoring from backup but the problem still persists.

It is very frustrating as I need to refer to manuals on my phone for my job.

Looking online it appears many others are experiencing the same problem– apple please help!

books in Ibooks library unable to sync to Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.