Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently updated to Photos. Now, when I am using my photo processing software, such as Flare or FX Photo Studio, I do not have the usability as I did before.

For example, I cannot drag and drop photos from Photos to the processing program. Nor can I save them directly from the processing program to Photos, it is not an option. I have to save it as a jpeg in finder, then open "other" and select Photos. Is this a Photos issue or a software issue? I did not have these issues when using iPhoto. I have Yosemite 10.10.3, and all photo processing software is the latest version.

Additionally, Photos is not even a topic to choose from in this forum yet, they still have only iPhotos listed under the "Life" category. Is Apple planning increasing its Photos support as iPhoto is phased out?

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 7:56 AM

I have to save it as a jpeg in finder, then open "other" and select Photos. Is this a Photos issue or a software issue? I did not have these issues when using iPhoto. I have Yosemite 10.10.3, and all photo processing software is the latest version.

It is caused by the system upgrade to Yosemite. The new Photos.app has been designed using the newer frameworks in Yosemite, and the older applications need updates to be fully compatible with the way newer applications are sharing content in Yosemite.

Additionally, Photos is not even a topic to choose from in this forum yet, they still have only iPhotos listed under the "Life" category. Is Apple planning increasing its Photos support as iPhoto is phased out?

Photos is not an iLife application, is is Part of MacOS X 10.10.3 and the forum is listed under system software.

Use this link to the forum: Photos for Mac

https://discussions.apple.com/community/mac_os/photos_osx/content?filterID=conte ntstatus[published]~objecttype~objecttype[thread]

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2015 7:56 AM in response to andah76

I have to save it as a jpeg in finder, then open "other" and select Photos. Is this a Photos issue or a software issue? I did not have these issues when using iPhoto. I have Yosemite 10.10.3, and all photo processing software is the latest version.

It is caused by the system upgrade to Yosemite. The new Photos.app has been designed using the newer frameworks in Yosemite, and the older applications need updates to be fully compatible with the way newer applications are sharing content in Yosemite.

Photos is not an iLife application, is is Part of MacOS X 10.10.3 and the forum is listed under system software.

Use this link to the forum: Photos for Mac

https://discussions.apple.com/community/mac_os/photos_osx/content?filterID=conte ntstatus[published]~objecttype~objecttype[thread]

I recently updated to Photos. Now, when I am using my photo processing software, such as Flare or FX Photo Studio, I do not have the usability as I did before.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.