Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I (automatically) import new photos of the photostream on my local disc (Mac)? Don't want to use new icloud service. Simply import.

New Photo app on Mac.

How can I (automatically) import new photos of the photo stream on my local disc (Mac)? Don't want to use new icloud service. Simply import.

With iPhoto every new photo was automatically imported and saved on my local disk (with "full resolution" that's what I only need). In the new photo app I have still my photo stream and when I move a photo (drag and drop from the photo stream) to a new album it indicates a ➕ (plus). My understanding is that the photo is now copied to my local disk. But when I deleted the photo in the photo stream it was also deleted in the album !?

If that is the case I can use the photo stream only until I reach the max of 1.000 photos, then I have to delete photos and I will have no copy left.

How can I "physically" copy a photo of the photo stream to my local disk? I just want to "transfer" all pictures taken with Ipads, Iphones to my central storage on the Mac. Please don't propose to connect it via iTunes (cable) to the Mac.

Any other suggestions?

thx

-Tom

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 7:57 AM

There are no replies.

How can I (automatically) import new photos of the photostream on my local disc (Mac)? Don't want to use new icloud service. Simply import.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.