Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change my apple ID on my iphone

I changed my Apple ID and password on my PC - how can I get my I-phone to recognize the change? Can I sync it?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 7:53 AM

5 replies

Apr 25, 2015 8:18 AM in response to deacsabine

Did you change the Apple ID and password for your existing account, or did you create a NEW Apple ID and passcode? Either way, you must log out of everything on your iPhone (iCloud, iTunes & App Store, FaceTime, Messages, Game Center), then log in with the new Apple ID and passcode.

However, there are special cases:

• If you changed the Apple ID and passcode for an existing account you must change it back to the old one to log out if iCloud, then change it back to the new one.
  • If you created a new account all of the purchases from the old account will have to be re-purchased, as apps are forever timed to the account they were purchased with.

How do I change my apple ID on my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.