Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

any solutions to the internet stalling whenever my macbook pro is on the wireless network in the house?

I took my Macbook Pro to the technical support desk at our local university. They removed MacKeeper and said that would fix the problem. But any time my MacBook is on the wireless home network, the Internet goes down on our iPads and our Apple TV, and the Internet runs extremely slowly on the MacBook. The wireless signal stays strong, but our Internet provider says there is interference. When I turn off the wireless on my MacBook, everything runs great on the devices. Any ideas?

MacBook

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 7:24 AM

1 reply

Apr 25, 2015 7:34 AM in response to AnnMedia

Hold down the Option key while you click on the Wi-Fi Icon in the menuBar. You will get a display similar to this one:

User uploaded file

What is shown for PHY Mode?

Channel?

RSSI?

Transmit Rate?

and most importantly, how many other networks can be seen?

--------

Consider running Wireless Diagnostics while you are there.

About Wireless Diagnostics - Apple Support

any solutions to the internet stalling whenever my macbook pro is on the wireless network in the house?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.