Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

setting up AirPlay for AV receiver?

Have Yamaha Adventage receiver RX-A2010 with airplay. I have Airport Extreme in the next room and Airport Express behind the receiver to extend the wireless.

NOTE: In my new home, I don't think I need the Airport Express anymore, which might help if I remove it.

I am not sure what receiver settings need to be for AirPlay to work. I checked the Yamaha and it show some MAC address but were empty. I don't know if I have to set the Yamaha with a Mac address or not. (If I do pls let me know and I will contact Yamaha for help).

When I select AirPlay from my iPad, it shows my iPad and the Airport Express. As I said don't know what audio settings the Yamaha needs to be set on or if that gets connected once I set up a Mac address for the Yamaha. The Yamaha has to be set to something to work i.e. AV1, AVsomething, tuner etc.

Thanks,

Don

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 9:25 AM

There are no replies.

setting up AirPlay for AV receiver?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.