Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On upgrading from IPhone 5s to 6 plus I have all my chat history of whatsapp intact, but not able to chat. The network status keeps showing"connecting".Can someone help pls?

On upgrading from IPhone 5s to 6 plus I have all my chat history of whatsapp intact, but not able to chat. The network status keeps showing"connecting".Can someone help pls?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 7:26 AM

3 replies

Apr 28, 2015 7:47 AM in response to SG-DE

Hi SG-DE,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that after restoring your iPhone 6 Plus from your iPhone 5s backup, you have having an issue with a single application, WhatsApp. In this situation, I would recommend reading over and working through the suggested steps in the attached article to help resolve this issue.

If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

Best regards,

Joe

Apr 28, 2015 6:24 PM in response to SG-DE

Hi there,

I have this problem too! I found that deleting the app & reinstalling it helps, but the only catch is that you'll lose all your chat history. 😟

I was unwilling to let go of my chat history so I restored my phone & it's back to square one: it says my network status is "Connecting..." and just doesn't let me send or receive messages.

I've tried to backup my messages to iCloud Drive too, so I'd be able to restore them after reinstalling the app, but it's not letting me do that as well. It was "Please wait.." for a long while and then nothing happens. I think it might be a problem with the app & I've written to whatsapp support. Hopefully I get a response soon. 😟

Apr 30, 2015 4:08 AM in response to jacqispie

I have this exact issue - not willing to lose my chat history at the moment - goes back too far! Was interested if the chat history can be manually added somehow? Was thinking of copy paste from a previous back-up file into working instance of Whatsapp? Can anyone say if this would work / even possible?

My thinking is...

1) back up phone (back up 1)

2) Delete whats app

3) re-install whatsapp and set up the app

4) back up phone (back up 2)

5) copy and paste whatsapp conversation data within Windows/Apple from back up 1 into directory for back up 2

6) restore phone from back up 2

I am hoping this will keep working app settings and add the chat history? Will this work?

thanks!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.