Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Game Center behaving strangely

So, yesterday I try to play one of my games, Borderlands 2 to be precise, and it won't launch. I can click on the 'Launch Game' Button until the cows come home but nothing happens.

After fiddling for a bit and doing some research I determine that the problem might be with Game Center. So I start up the Game Center app with odd results.

Game Center will not display my Profile nor any of the games I've bought. All it gives me is that spinning icon telling me the app is working on it. It will recommend friends though.

I try singing out and it changes nothing about the behaviour. I quit the app, restart it and sign in. This causes no changes in its behaviour either.

The only thing that seems to work is signing out of Game Center and restarting my machine. Then I can sign back in to Game Center and Borderlands 2 starts working. The strange behaviour on Game Center continues though.

This morning the weirdness started again.

So, does anyone have any ideas on what is causing this odd behaviour and how I can fix it? Thanks in advance.

Please note: Borderlands 2 is a bit buggy. It crashed twice yesterday the first time taking my whole machine with it. The second time just the game crashed but I didn't try playing it again until this morning. I'll be doing the sign out of Game Center, restart machine, sign back in and restart the game as soon as I'm finished here.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 21.5 inch, Mid-2010

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 8:56 AM

2 replies

Apr 25, 2015 11:58 AM in response to Romantic Heretic

Option key>Finder>Go>Library>Preferences. Trash the com.apple.gamecenter.plist file, repair permissions & restart your computer. If GC works correctly, trash the plist file. Another one will be recreated.

Borderlands 2 is a bit buggy

Get in touch w/the developer/manufacturer.

OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Any reason why you have not updated to OS 10.10.3?

User uploaded file

Game Center behaving strangely

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.