Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re-downloading

i downloaded 4 singles a couple of weeks ago and they have been on my iPhone fine, however I have just Downloaded an album and when I went onot my iTunes and the 4 singles I downloaded a couple of weeks ago say I now have to download them again and try to charge me.

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 8:23 AM

What you can redownload for free from the store will show in the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage on your computer's iTunes, and the Purchased tab in the iTunes Store app on your phone - if the versions of the singles that you bought have been removed and replaced with new versions then they won't show, they would be treated as separate purchases.

Or, and if you still have them on it, you can connect your phone to your computer's iTunes and do File > Devices > Transfer Purchases to copy them over to your computer so that you add them to your backup of your downloads/library.

19 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2015 8:23 AM in response to Michellehh

What you can redownload for free from the store will show in the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage on your computer's iTunes, and the Purchased tab in the iTunes Store app on your phone - if the versions of the singles that you bought have been removed and replaced with new versions then they won't show, they would be treated as separate purchases.

Or, and if you still have them on it, you can connect your phone to your computer's iTunes and do File > Devices > Transfer Purchases to copy them over to your computer so that you add them to your backup of your downloads/library.

Apr 25, 2015 9:16 AM in response to Michellehh

This is in the Purchased tab in the iTunes store app ? Do you currently have payment details on your account - if you do then their details have to be complete when you download anything. Or you could try just logging into your account by tapping on it in Settings > iTunes & App Store and see if you get the 'none' option so that you can remove your card details.

If you don't then you shouldn't be charged if you are redownloading via the Purchased tab, though you may see a temporary store holding charge : About payment card authorization holds in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Apr 25, 2015 10:48 AM in response to Michellehh

It shouldn't make any difference, but if you have card details on your account and are trying to download something (whether redownloading, app updates, or free items) then the card's details need to be valid and accepted by iTunes, and be able to receive a temporary store holding charge - if the card doesn't have available balance on it then it will be fail that.

Apr 25, 2015 11:05 AM in response to Michellehh

You might see a temporary store holding charge on it, which your card issuer should remove within a few days or so : About payment card authorization holds in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

And when viewing the payment details on your account, you are doing it by tapping on your id in Settings > iTunes & App Store (or tapping on it at the bottom of the Music tab in the iTunes store app), you aren't doing it when trying to redownload something (when you are unlikely to get the 'none' option) ?

Re-downloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.