Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what can i get to charge ipad 2 and iphone 4 at the same time?

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 11:38 AM

A power adapter with two USB ports.

3 replies

Apr 25, 2015 11:59 AM in response to fayefromlake oswego

As much as you can find. An iPad prefers a 12W supply. Multi-port power adapters are rated for total power, which means that if you want to charge both devices simultaneously, it can't supply its rated power to both devices. So, look for a 24W power supply. A dual port 24W power adapter will only cost a couple more dollars than a dual port 12W adapter.

Beware than any power adapter not made by Apple isn't likely to be as well made as a genuine Apple power adapter. There are a lot of ways to reduce manufacturing costs in power supply design, and a few cents can make the difference between one that actually complies with international safety specifications and one that bears fraudulent markings saying it is. In the event something should go wrong Apple can't blame me for using a product they didn't make.

But since you asked, that's your answer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.