Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 27" (2013) vs iMac 27" 5k which is quieter when running Logic Pro x

Hi There,

I am considering purchasing either of the above machines, but would love to hear from anyone using either one or anyone who has been fortunate enough to have tested both machines whilst using Logic Pro X to record and edit audio, as well as music production. A major concern for me above graphics is the quietness of the machine as fan noise for me is hugely distracting and a deal breaker for me! So in terms of noise levels and performance is there a huge benefit in getting the 5K model over the 2013 27" model? I was almost sold on the 5k until reading some reports regarding it running hot and fan noise. Although I couldn't find any reviews from users who running Logic Pro.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance🙂

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 10:10 AM

2 replies

iMac 27" (2013) vs iMac 27" 5k which is quieter when running Logic Pro x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.