Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mac came with garageband, I removed it and it's no longer free on the appstore.

Hi, I purchased my Macbook Pro Late-2013 on release date (October) and it came with Garageband. I removed the app a while ago to free up space but when I go on the App Store it says I have to pay for it. Is this because it's a new version or something?

GarageBand (Mac) '11, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 10:29 AM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2015 5:38 PM in response to TheWriting1

Just to clarify.

• The only GarageBand app for OSX (available from Apple) is GarageBand v10.0.3 which is the latest version (an update from GarageBand 11 but it is more like a different app altogether)
  • GarageBand 10 is free on the App Store. Only the additional content (instruments, sounds, etc) are available as an in-app purchase for a few bucks
  • GarageBand 11 is not available anymore from Apple. You have to try to get the iLife11 Suite from other vendors which includes GarageBand 11

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

My mac came with garageband, I removed it and it's no longer free on the appstore.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.