Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone have an app for GPU activity?

The Activity Monitor utility is very useful for monitoring CPU, network and disk activity ... but not GPU activity. I need to be able to see if the second GPU on my system is actually being put to work by the video editing and processing software I use. Anybody have any suggestions?

MacPro6,1 D500, MacOS 9.5.5

Mac Pro (Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), 6 Core

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 8:41 AM

4 replies

Apr 25, 2015 2:00 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Thanks Grant, but I think I read that article the day after unpacking my MacPro. :-) I was surprised that Apple hadn't updated Activity Monitor to show me what the 2 GPUs were doing.

I want a monitor app that will show me what's happening under the hood when I am rendering a video or applying an effect. Have you ever run iStat Menus 5 on a MacPro6,1?

Apr 25, 2015 2:10 PM in response to Cousin Brucie

I cited section 9 of that article because he used some tools to take some measurements and comparisons of the two GPU workloads. Those are not tools I am familiar with, but if GPU comparison tools is what you seek, Anandtech was using some and putting their charts and graphs in the article. iStat menus was not among the tools he chose.

Does anyone have an app for GPU activity?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.