Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I edit a playlist name in iTunes, but on my iPhone the old title is displayed.

Hello to everyone!

I've got a brand new iPhone 6 (4,7", 64 gb, iOS 8.3) and an iMac Mid 2011 (i7, 8GB RAM, Yosemite 10.10.3). I've created a playlist in iTunes in my Mac's music library and I've transferred it in my iPhone. Later I've changed the iPhone's playlist's name. After that, I've synced my iPhone. I've opened the Music app and the playlist's title was the first! I then tried changing other playlists' names (the ones in the iPhone) and there was the same problem!

That's very strange. This problem doesn't happen in my old iPhone 4 (16GB, iOS 7.1.2)...

The only "solution" is to delete the playlist in the iPhone and transfer the edited playlist from the Mac to the iPhone again. That's very boring, since every song I have is in ALAC format...

I hope to not do a DFU reinstall of iOS 8.3, because I have 3 tons of music and apps... 😢

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 8:43 AM

There are no replies.

I edit a playlist name in iTunes, but on my iPhone the old title is displayed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.