Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't go to websites using Safari

Lately, Safari stalls for a very long time (10-15 seconds) when I type in a web address. Today it isn't even working. FF and Chrome work fine. I also have an iMac on the same home network that is doing exactly the same thing.

I've restarted and reset Safari but that didn't help. Anyone have some idea how to fix this?

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 9:10 AM

3 replies

Apr 28, 2015 8:38 AM in response to 4thSpace

What OS version are you using?

Yosemite:

Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test. Then try Safari/History/Show History and delete all history items. Quit/reopen Safari and test. You can also try try Safari/Clear History and Web Site Data. The down side is it clears all cookies.Doing this may cause some sites to no longer recognize your computer as one that has visited the web site.

Prior to Yosemite:

Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test. Safari/Reset Safari.

Can't go to websites using Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.