Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I take photos out of a smart album

I have made a smart album using New Brighton as the criteria but other photos have come into the album. How can I take them out?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 9:18 AM

5 replies

Apr 25, 2015 9:24 AM in response to elaine288

How was the smart album created? What were the criteria? Was it location is New Brighton? If so then all photos that have locations in New Brighton will be in that album. You can't remove them without removing the location from the photos.

Select the photos you want to be grouped together alone and use the File ➙ New album menu option. That will give you a regular album with just those photos.

Or, add a keyword to those photos you want together and use a smart album Keyword is "xxxx".

User uploaded file

Apr 25, 2015 10:40 AM in response to elaine288

Here's one way. Create a new Smart Album with the criteria Keyword is "xxxx". Open your New Brighton smart album and select just the photos you want to group together. Type Command+K to bring up the Keyword pane and click on the keyword "xxxx"
that you selected for the other smart album.

User uploaded file

Now just those photos will appear in your second smart album.

how do I take photos out of a smart album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.