Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad and iPhone 6

SInce my last iOS update, I can receive, but can no longer send photos directly from my Photo App via mail or message on my iPad and iPhone. Both devices are synced together. I also can no longer insert a photo using the message bar in email text by pressing and holding the screen on the iPad. The black message text says "paste" only. No message bar appears at all on my iPhone when I do this. Only a magnify circle.

I have iOS 8.3 and both devices are up to date. I have tried turning both devices off and restarting but no help. Any suggestions?

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 9:37 AM

11 replies

Apr 25, 2015 11:23 AM in response to bobseufert

Thanks Bob, but I've tried this many times. When I'm on my email page, the "send" icon on the top right is gray and will not respond. The "cancel" icon on the top left is blue and is my only option on both devices.

Same problem with messaging from the photo app. Tried tapping the screen to get the black text bar for options, and only get the word "paste" on the iPad, and nothing appears on the iPhone.

However, I was sucessful when texting by touching the camera to include a photo.

I would still like to know why I can't send photos like I used to directly from the Photo App.

Apr 25, 2015 1:30 PM in response to bobseufert

OK. I tried what you suggested by going into my settings>iCloud >Mail and turned both the iPad and iPhone on and off several times.

The icon to share does work and shows my choices on the Photo App (mail, message etc...), but when I get to the Mail page, the send button is still gray and does not respond. The only choice I have is to cancel which is in blue text.

Apr 25, 2015 5:39 PM in response to maryfromshorewood

You're not trying to send these emails from the contacts app are you? You are attempting to email the photos directly in the mail app, correct? If you are trying to email directly from the mail app, don't use the contacts option, if you are using the + sign to get to your contacts, just try typing the email address in the To: field and see if that works.

Ipad and iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.