Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After many attempts I am still unable to install iTunes!!! What is Apple doing about this?

I have read and tried the various solutions posted on the Apple support pages and am unable to solve this problem. I have deleted the named files on several occasions which, I am told, should enable me to download the program. This hasn't worked! I would like the Apple Corporation to ensure that any download searches and deletes the required programs as part of the install. I don't know what to do now to enable me to access ITunes to connect and sync my iPad with the PC.

iPad, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 9:54 AM

3 replies

Apr 25, 2015 10:06 AM in response to Revidjv

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try theiTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Apr 25, 2015 3:25 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you for your reply but I am still confused. I am not a computer literate person and do not understand a lot of terms used. I am able to follow clear instructions like the ones I found on the Apple website to delete individual files of the old installed iTunes before trying to install the program again. After trying this several times the program still wouldn't install. I am finding this process very stressful and cannot understand why this problem cannot be rectified. Posts go back several years so this is not a recent problem.

After many attempts I am still unable to install iTunes!!! What is Apple doing about this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.