Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Roxio (or ElGato) video capture USB for FCP input, anyone?

Hello,

I have a Roxio video capture device to transfer VHS tapes to MPEG-2 . It plugs in a USB port, and works with specific software (Easy VHStoDVD). I wonder if there's any way this input could be recognized by FCP. I also have a Canopus box to digitalize directly to FCP, but this box doesn't recognize the NTSC tapes I have (I live in Europe, PAL system) correctly, color is lost with my current VHS player, whereas the Roxio converter does get the NTSC signal. The problem is that the MPEG quality is low, and I'd like to digitalize directly into Apple ProRes codec instead of doing an MPEG-2 to Apple ProRes conversion.

Any tip about how to transfer this signal? Or is it the case that the Roxio device signal is already MPEG-2 (at 6000 kpbs), so there's no point in inputting it into FCP? I believe the same device produces a better-quality MPEG-2 file in the Windows version of the software, so this may be software-related.

Thanks for any help!

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Trial version

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 10:37 AM

There are no replies.

Roxio (or ElGato) video capture USB for FCP input, anyone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.