Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there anyway to get the new macbook sooner?

They said that it will take 4-6 weeks even with the extra money method. i have a bussiness trip coming in about 3 weeks and i really really want it with me on this trip. Thanks guys 😀

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), null

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 9:54 AM

3 replies

Apr 25, 2015 12:58 PM in response to Icarus Nguyen

I was in the same situation as you. I decided to buy the MacBook Pro with a built-in optical SuperDrive. Loved having the ability to watch movies on my business trip.

Have you looked on eBay? People sometimes order items well in advance so they can get them early and then sell them on eBay. I have purchased a couple of iPod Classics that way, (about $700).

Apr 25, 2015 7:05 PM in response to Icarus Nguyen

If you cannot find out, or get, confirmation of stock available at a local official Apple Store

or via online official site (sales support may offer ideas if you call the main online portal)

you could consider getting a higher spec macbook air or a macbook pro, and have more

computer for the money. Sure, it won't be the latest newest product named MacBook.

{The new 12-inch MacBook is the first new model named as such, not an Air or Pro, in

about 5 years; and has a certain niche market to fill. Kinda like an Watch + iPhone.}

Compare specifications and then look ahead. No point in buying a computer that may be

less than you need in 2yrs, or before an extended optional AppleCare plan would expire.

Since these are not upgradable after purchase, additional resources won't be available

as the OS X and applications forage a new path to their own future, it can't keep up. So

the advice on this angle would be to buy more computer (higher configuration) than you

would presently think you need. It may not be quite as pretty, but beauty is often deeper.

In any event...

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

Is there anyway to get the new macbook sooner?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.