Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Time Capsule timing out

Good afternoon (2:52 CST),

My Airport Time Capsule produces good speeds considering what we pay for (~22 mbps). It is bridged through my AT&T U-verse router. I've turned off the wireless network to the AT&T router, and enabled 1G Full Duplex on port 4 (the Time Capsule port) as well as MDI-X. I'd assumed it was an issue with the router location, so I moved it out into the open, but I am still timing out frequently. Streaming high quality music from Spotify has consistent issues that my 4 mbps iPhone can stream w/o any problems. Previously it was directly connected instead of bridged, and speeds were about 15 mbps.

RSSI= - 50 dBM

Noise = -95 dBM

Tx Rate = 217mbps

If anyone may be able to assist me, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you for your consideration.

Airport Time Capsule 802.11ac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 12:55 PM

3 replies

Apr 25, 2015 2:15 PM in response to jbusbee1

and enabled 1G Full Duplex on port 4 (the Time Capsule port) as well as MDI-X.

This is on the uverse I presume.. can you please try using 100mbit full duplex instead.

If no improvement on the TC since it is bridged.. plug the Uverse to LAN port instead of WAN.. the TC has some serious issues with the WAN port in some setups.

No luck please post the summary page screenshot.. ie this one.

User uploaded file

There is nothing wrong with the wireless.. the speed is great.. the issue is further upstream.

Jun 9, 2015 7:31 PM in response to LaPastenague

Hello! Thank you for responding so quickly. I apologize for not getting back to you immediately. I am still having significant issues. I have kept the Ethernet cable in LAN and I believe I am still bridged. I have also switched the duplex to 100mbp full, but it looks like the issues persist. I had assumed there may be a possibility of the wireless receiver interfering with Wi-Fi.

User uploaded file

Jun 10, 2015 12:37 AM in response to jbusbee1

You have a really serious error on the TC.. no DNS servers. That is going to lead to major issues.. even if clients are getting DNS from the Uverse.. there has to be a reason why the TC has failed to get one.

Let me suggest a rather more complicated setup but one I find works better.. that is using a static IP.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5981989?answerId=25135547022#25135547022&ac_cid=tw123456#

I gave a pretty full description of it here.

The main thing you need to do is get into the Uverse and change the DHCP range to reserve some IP for the TC to use.

The connection to the Uverse must go to the WAN port on the TC..

If that still fails, take the TC back to apple for testing.

Airport Time Capsule timing out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.