Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mac got formatted...!!!how to get my mac os back or reinstall it ....???

My mac got formatted accidently while installing windows...!!! How to install mac os back...???

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 12:37 PM

1 reply

Apr 25, 2015 1:47 PM in response to 19sathya

Power on your Macbook Pro and immediately press and hold CMD+R to boot to recovery:
OS X: About OS X Recovery - Apple Support

If you cannot access OS X Recovery, then boot to Internet Recovery by holding ALT+CMD+R.

Once OS X Recovery is loaded, connect your Macbook Pro to Wifi if necessary and choose Re-install OS X from Utilities Window:

OS X Yosemite: Reinstall OS X

If You do not have an access to Macintosh HD, then you might have to first re-format disk/partition:

OS X Yosemite: Erase and reinstall OS X

If your Mac is older generation Mac, that came with OS X 10.6.x Installation Discs, and you do not have access to Recovery Partition, then you might have to install 10.6.x Snow Leopard first, upgrade to 10.6.8 and re-download OS X Yosemite via App Store:

Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard: How to Erase and Install - Apple Support

How to install OS X Yosemite on your Mac - Apple Support

My mac got formatted...!!!how to get my mac os back or reinstall it ....???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.