Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 & Safari Problems

I have just received a new iPhone 6. I upgraded it from iOS 8.2 to 8.3. Since then Safari doesn't work. A clicked link opens Safari and then stalls. Entering a URL directly simply does nothing.

I had the same problem on my iPhone 5 and assuming it was related to some damage after I dropped it. With the new phone I didn't restore it from an old backup and just logged in to my iCloud account and downloaded apps and other data.

Any idea what is going wrong as I'd really like to be able to use Safari again?

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 12:22 PM

6 replies

Apr 25, 2015 1:21 PM in response to financialtechnologygroup

Did you already try to reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again? You will not lose data by resetting, but it can cure some glitches.

If this does not work, and to make sure that this is not software related, set it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards. Set up the rest of the personal settings manually and try to use Safari.

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

May 11, 2015 12:08 AM in response to financialtechnologygroup

Curiouser and curiouser...

If I reset the phone completely and use it without connecting to iCloud then the Safari browser works. If I log in with iCloud the browser works initially before becoming unresponsive as before. If, after a full reset, I log in with iCloud but immediately turn off synching with Safari the browser continues yo work as expected.

It would appear that somewhere along the line some of my iCloud data has become corrupted. Any suggestions how I can try to find out what is corrupted and fix it as iCloud synching is quite useful even if it isn't essential?

iPhone 6 & Safari Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.