Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dead pixel MacBook Pro Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013

I have had my macbook pro with retina for about a year and 3 months, and 3days later after the year I noticed that my macbook had dead pixels.

my computer has never fallen out, and it's completely new, doesn't have any scratch or something like that, but it has an scratch on the inside because that day, I was closing my computer and the thunderbolt of my charger got stuck so after i took it off and close my computer 2 hrs later I saw the scratch on the inside.. this happened 3 months ago and fortunately is still the same but I have the fear that one day I'll find my computer completely crashed. I don't want to buy a new computer because as I already said it's completely new and I spend around 2,220 dollars. I went to some many stores of apple in my country ( iZone and punto mac in dominican republic (distributed stores)) and they told me that I could go to an apple store and explain what happened to see if they can fix me this problem or give me a new one; the other one was to buy a new display which is practically buying a new one because is very expensive ; and also they told me that it wouldn't happen nothing and that those dead pixels won't be continue expands longer. so what can i do???

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 12:48 PM

2 replies

Apr 25, 2015 1:02 PM in response to bapel

It is unusual for dead pixels to show up at a later date. Normally dead pixels are a manufacturing defect.

The first thing I do when I purchase a new MacBook is run a pixel testing program. If I discover any bad pixels I immediately return the computer for a refund.

I recently purchased a MacBook Pro with a built-in optical SuperDrive, I had no dead pixels. Your computer is out of warranty, so your best option might be to try to have the display replaced.

dead pixel MacBook Pro Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.