Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i keep getting unknown error occurred (-1) message please help i have done the process 10 times!!!

i keep getting unknown error occurred (-1) message please help i have done the process 10 times!!!

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 12:29 PM

1 reply

Apr 28, 2015 12:54 PM in response to ale3ulla

Hello ale3ulla,

Sorry to hear that you are stuck with the same error. Looking into that specific error code, it may be an issue with the hardware. Try it a few more times and make sure that there is not any conflicting software that may be causing it as well as making sure that iTunes is up to date. You may end up needing to contact Apple Support.

Get help with iOS update and restore errors

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204770

Check for hardware issues

Errors: 1, 3, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 34, 35, 36, 37, 40, 53, 1002, 1004, 1011, 1012, 1014, 1667, or 1669.

Your device or computer might have a hardware issue that stops the update or restore from completing.

1. Check that your security software and settings aren't blocking your device from communicating with the Apple update server.
  2. Then try to restore your iOS device two more times while connected with a cable, computer, and network you know are good.
  3. Make sure that your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers.
  4. If you still see the error message when you update or restore, contact Apple support.

If you still see the error message, check for outdated or modified software.

Regards,

-Norm G.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.