Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home sharing no longer works after up-dating

After the last up-date several weeks ago, Home Sharing has stopped working. Have tried re-booting WiFi server, Reset and Restore Apple TV, re-loaded iTunes and nothing works. Any suggestions ?

Apple TV, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 2:09 PM

12 replies

Apr 28, 2015 3:49 PM in response to jeffd55

Hi jeffd55,

Thank you for your reply. However I had already checked out "Apple Help" articles as well as comments posted on the discussion site. I have checked and re-checked everything as well as ports/networking, etc and all seems to be in order. Everything works fine with the Apple TV product EXCEPT HOME SHARING.

Perhaps someone has experienced this as well and has resolved this problem.

Again, thanks for your suggestion.

Apr 28, 2015 7:43 PM in response to ADS-BD

Hi ADS-BD,

My Home Sharing stopped working on my iPhone 6 after updating to ios 8.3. The fix was to go to Settings/Music/scroll down to Home Sharing and make sure your apple ID and password are entered properly. In my case seems the update knocked out my apple ID. Once I entered it, Home Sharing was back up and running. Perhaps this has happened on your Apple TV and you just need to reenter your Apple ID and password. Hope this is it. Good Luck.

Apr 29, 2015 9:12 AM in response to RosieAr

Hello RosieAR,

Thanks for the reply. I went through the process of checking for the Apple ID & Password. In fact, I re-booted my Airport Router, Restarted & Re-set the Apple TV and re-entered Home Sharing (Turn Off/Turn On) Apple ID/Password on the PC and still no luck.

I also deleted iTunes on PC and re-installed it and again went to setting up the Apple TV........again, no luck.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Apr 29, 2015 5:30 PM in response to ADS-BD

I don't see where you mentioned if you're hard wired or on a wireless network so please don't take this as in insult since you mention you have already checked networking but this has happened to me on more than one occassion...Did you double check you're connected to the right wireless network? I have my primary network, a guest network and a secondary network set up and sometimes, for whatever reason, my devises auto connect to the secondary network and I don't notice it and then my home sharing won't work. I know how frustrating this type of problem can be.

May 1, 2015 6:51 PM in response to ADS-BD

I had this problem and do have have this same problem every time iTunes updates. What works for me is this.

1: reset windows fire wall to default which removes all apple software for the list of allowed programs. 2: go to programs and features on the control panel, select bonjour and click the repair button to reinstall it. 3: restart your pc. 4: once up and running go back to your firewall and re ad all apple programs(iTunes bonjour iCloud etc.)to the allowed list for your private home network. Exit out and open iTunes. I did this this morning and every part of home sharing is now working flawlessly for me across all devices.

Home sharing no longer works after up-dating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.