Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlists (Regular, not Smart Playlists) Will Not Sort

Hi all,

As of three weeks ago, my playlists (regular, not smart playlists) refuse to update sorting on iOS devices using iTunes Match. Started occurring randomly.

On my mac, I can sort them and click Store -> Update iTunes Match, but they remain in the same order on my iOS devices. Nothing has been able to get the order to change. New songs simply add to the bottom of the playlist on iOS devices.

I've tried:

* Erasing all music and disabling iTunes Match on my device, turning it back on and letting it re-sync

* Deleting songs from the playlists, updating iTunes match, re-adding them and re-updating.

* Creating a new playlist. New playlists upload correctly ordered for the first time. Changing their sort order thereafter does nothing.

* Tested with playlists that have been undisturbed for years now. They also do not update.

* I've tested changing the sort order in iTunes by clicking the column header, and by clicking Songs -> Sort by at the top right. Neither worked.

* Signed out of iTunes, signed back in, and turned iTunes Match back on.

* Rebooted both devices in many combinations of signing out and back into iTunes Match.

Currently have iTunes 12.1.2.27, running OS X 10.10.3 on late 2014 15" MBP. Testing iTunes Match syncing on an iPhone 5S running iOS 8.3.

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 2:13 PM

There are no replies.

Playlists (Regular, not Smart Playlists) Will Not Sort

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.