Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My email displays someone else name in the 'to' field. i've deleted the contact, however the name continues to display instead of mine

I have a macbook pro, OS X Yosemite. I use outlook email

The 'to' field displays the name of someone else, instead of mine. Every email file in my in box, sent box, drafts, etc, no matter how old also display this person's name. I deleted the contact from my address book, however it did not affect anything. My contact info in my address book correctly lists and associates my email address with my name. how do I fix this?

Thank you in advance

LPoh

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 4:11 PM

1 reply

Apr 25, 2015 7:45 PM in response to lpohm

If you did not purchase your computer new from a retail facility, you need to wipe it clean and reinstall the software.

Please complete or update your system profile so the users here can properly help you. Your profile shows you are using an iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3, not a computer or an OS.

User uploaded file

My email displays someone else name in the 'to' field. i've deleted the contact, however the name continues to display instead of mine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.