Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Awesome battery life on iPhone 6

Twelve straight hours of heavy use. I typically get 30+ hours of moderate use. Thank you, Apple!

Screenshot:

User uploaded file

Settings to to help achieve this:

Mail is set to push, iCloud is my only mail server. I've never seen the Mail app as a battery hog and I've been on iOS since the iPhone 4.

Background App Refresh is turned on for the system but toggled off for individual apps. I just don't see the need for background app refresh in third-part apps, I can manually refresh things when I open an app.

The only apps I allow to use location services are those that actually need it, such as compass, Maps, Siri, and Weather. And then it is set to "when using the app".

Siri is turned on, I can't live without this feature.

Parallax is turned off. Seriously, I don't see parallax as anything more than a waste of code and memory. I know eye candy is popular, but it serves only to waste system resources.

I've also noticed that leaving the iPhone on the charger an additional two hours after it has reached 100% will prolong battery life.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 4:12 PM

There are no replies.

Awesome battery life on iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.