Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

in daisy chain setup, is it possible to work separate on each monitor, or it's just simply mirroring?

my setup: Mac Mini Late 2012 connected via thunderbolt to display port in the first monitor. then i use a display port out from this panel to mini display port in the second panel, same model. my question: is this method only for screen mirroring, or is it possible to work separately on each display?

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 4:13 PM

2 replies

Apr 26, 2015 2:12 AM in response to Hornet79

Maybe. See:

http://www.displayport.org/cables/driving-multiple-displays-from-a-single-displa yport-output/

http://displayportpro.com/displayport-daisy-chaining-of-3-or-4-monitors-quick-gu ide/

However, this would say no

2. How do I connect my Mini DisplayPort monitor or monitor using a Mini DisplayPort adapter to my Thunderbolt-equipped Mac when I have other Thunderbolt devices connected?

When connecting a Mini DisplayPort display or a display using a Mini DisplayPort adapter to a Thunderbolt peripheral (except as described in question 24), make sure the display is connected at the end of the Thunderbolt chain. You can use only one Mini DisplayPort device in the Thunderbolt chain.

Thunderbolt ports and displays: Frequently asked questions (FAQ) - Apple Support

and

6. Can other video adapters be connected or "daisy-chained" to Apple Mini DisplayPort adapters?

No, you should not connect Apple Mini DisplayPort adapters to any other video adapters. Connect your computer directly to an external display via one Mini DisplayPort adapter.

Apple Mini DisplayPort adapters: Frequently asked questions (FAQ) - Apple Support

in daisy chain setup, is it possible to work separate on each monitor, or it's just simply mirroring?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.