Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do move all pictures from IPHONE5 to MAC with normal file names

NIGHTMARE!

So all I can see what to do is buy a 3rd party program to do this....

otherwise, I have to use IPHOTO to import all the images which will live in the iPhoto library in the master folder.

The individual files are no longer IMG_2345.jpg but an impossibly ugly and long file: 2015/04/25/20150425-193134/16199636197_fe002769dc_o.jpg

MISSION: I want to move all my images from the iPhone to a NORMAL folder on my MAC with NORMAL / Original file names:

How is this accomplished?

thanks in advance.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 7:49 PM

vdotmatrix wrote:

NIGHTMARE!

otherwise, I have to use IPHOTO to import all the images which will live in the iPhoto library in the master folder.

The individual files are no longer IMG_2345.jpg but an impossibly ugly and long file: 2015/04/25/20150425-193134/16199636197_fe002769dc_o.jpg

MISSION: I want to move all my images from the iPhone to a NORMAL folder on my MAC with NORMAL / Original file names:

Use the Image Transfer app instead of iPhoto. Or some other photo management app, such as Google Picasa or Adobe Photoshop Elements.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2015 7:49 PM in response to vdotmatrix

vdotmatrix wrote:

NIGHTMARE!

Use the Image Transfer app instead of iPhoto. Or some other photo management app, such as Google Picasa or Adobe Photoshop Elements.

Apr 25, 2015 7:08 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Hey Thanks! I didn't think to use any of those. I don't have elements.

Lightroom wouldn't touch or recognize images on my iPhone 5. I opened Photoshop CC 2015 and sure enough I was able to import the images into this program but I think the thing is going to crash because I think it is trying to open them all into PS but also importing in to the folder I designated.....what a pain....

if this thing crashes I will try that awful capture app. Now the new PHOTO tries to import every lousy thing that is attached to my computer.

thanks again

Apr 25, 2015 8:53 PM in response to Charles Palenz

Thanks, the IPHOTO program is too proprietary. all that work just to get my images and video back. it is awful.....Unless the originally names files are hidden someplace on my MAC, it is really awful.I had 10GB of crap on my phone that I just moved using CAPTURE.app worked very well. For the destination, down arrow to "OTHER" and then you and create a folder and import your images there.

@Lawrence Finch

Picassa is a nice program, but i hope you have your images some where else other than on those google servers. if they ever determine that Picasa is underperforming there will be a scramble, unless I am thinking about a different program. If you try ADOBE LIGHTROOM, you will get a subscription. It doesn't do all the heavy lifting that photoshop does, but everything but the heavy lifting.

How do move all pictures from IPHONE5 to MAC with normal file names

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.