Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp Drivers not Installing

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate from a USB but I forgot to download the last Windows Software when I was installing. Now, when I boot up Windows things like the internet and my wireless mouse (not trackpad) don't work. I assumed I had to download the drivers onto my USB back in Bootcamp, so I did.

The drivers were in a folder called 'BootCamp', so I launched Windows and attempted to open up the Setup.exe. It came back with an error box saying

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows your running. Check your computers system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program".

Then I went into the folder called Drivers and attempted to run the Bootcamp.exe, which came up saying "This installation package is not supported by this processor type".

The version of Windows I'm running is 32-bit, so I think Bootcamp has download 64-bit Mac drivers/software. Is there anyway to rectify this in Bootcamp or else download Mac drivers for 32-bit Windows manually?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 3:44 PM

1 reply

Bootcamp Drivers not Installing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.