Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When trying to use FaceTime I get an error that says there was an error during activation try again later

when I try to login to FaceTime I get a error tht says, an error occurred during activation try again later , same with iMessage . ive had this iPad a couple of years and have never been able to login to neither

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 5:48 PM

3 replies

Apr 25, 2015 6:24 PM in response to Vtxrider1300

There have been a number of people that have had problems with FaceTime and Messages activation for some time now.

imessage and Facetime sign in activation error iPad ios8.1.2

I Don't have much confidence that anything in here will help, but this is Apple's take on how to deal with the problem.

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Apr 26, 2015 11:13 AM in response to Vtxrider1300

Hi mate,

I don't know whats the real problem going on with this issue. I had this issue on my iPad and I managed to resolve the issue. Following was my workaround.

I personally think, this is happening to the people who activated two-step verifications for their Apple ID.

1. So I logged in to my Apple ID through PC (https://appleid.apple.com) and created a app-specific password.

2. Then I used that unique password to activate iMessage & Facetime on my iPad.

Now iMessage & Facetime are working fine on all of my iDevices just like before.

Hope this helps..

Let me know if this worked for you.

When trying to use FaceTime I get an error that says there was an error during activation try again later

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.