Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

options to reinstall compressor

My compressor has been working without any problems for 7-8 years, it's started giving me an error "unable to submit to queue".

I went to reinstall compressor, but in the suite box are all of the manuals and no discs. Is there anyway to reinstall using online services?

yes i'm still using version 6, I like it.

Compressor, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 6:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 9:19 PM

Shutterpuck wrote:

Is there anyway to reinstall using online services?

No, you would need to locate the discs.

It is my understanding that Yosemite broke certain functionality in early versions of Compressor.

You can download the latest version of Compressor from the app store for USD$50, but be careful if you have custom presets, you may have to rebuild them.

Also not sure if you can directly send to the new Compressor from FCP6, but I always found that to be a bad idea anyway.

Sorry to be so vague but moved on from this software a while ago.

Maybe someone with more definite info will post.

MtD

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2015 9:19 PM in response to Shutterpuck

Shutterpuck wrote:

Is there anyway to reinstall using online services?

No, you would need to locate the discs.

It is my understanding that Yosemite broke certain functionality in early versions of Compressor.

You can download the latest version of Compressor from the app store for USD$50, but be careful if you have custom presets, you may have to rebuild them.

Also not sure if you can directly send to the new Compressor from FCP6, but I always found that to be a bad idea anyway.

Sorry to be so vague but moved on from this software a while ago.

Maybe someone with more definite info will post.

MtD

Apr 26, 2015 4:53 PM in response to Shutterpuck

This was a problem for me too, and luckily I found the solution by accident.

I'm not sure if it is important or not, because I tried many versions of things, but I deleted all related files for Compressor.app and repaired permissions.

(According to this: Compressor 4.1: 'Unable to submit to queue' alert, 'className is null' error, or won't complete a batch - Apple Support)

You could try without these above:

After every recommended solutions without any luck I just moved Compressor.app to the Applications/Utilities folder. It asked for the password, and voila, everything is working again.

I hope this helps for you too.

options to reinstall compressor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.