Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I combine two files to be two sheets in one file?

well can I? And if so, how? Not sure how to explain in more detail, but I can try if need be. Help me?!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 20" (early 2008)

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 5:48 PM

5 replies

Apr 25, 2015 8:12 PM in response to Sharpiejeff

Hi SharpieJeff,

When you say 50-60 spreadsheets you mean separate Numbers files right? In each file, how many sheets with how many tables ? If there is consistency, it is possible that a script could be written that would bring things together. It is currently beyond me but there are people on this forum that could build one.

quinn

Apr 26, 2015 1:53 PM in response to Sharpiejeff

Hi SharpieJeff,

SG, who offered a simple script on another of your topics is one of the scripting wizards on the Numbers forum. I am beginning to find my way within a Numbers file but reading a bunch of files into 1 is something I haven't attempted yet. Numbers 3 is very script savvy so it can be a very useful tool. A script I am using with some frequency updates certain popups on several sheets in a file.

One helpful website is http://macosxautomation.com/applescript/firsttutorial/index.html

You need to know that each Numbers file or document can contain many sheets. Each of those sheets can contain many tables. You might also hear a file refered to as a spreadsheet. The distinctions will be important if you being to script.

quinn

Can I combine two files to be two sheets in one file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.