Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp Assistant Failed to connect (quitItem) outlet from (A Window Controller) to (NSMenuItem)

I have tried every solution but I cannot seem to get boot camp to create a windows 7 install disk.

I did check the console and the below is the message I receive when bootcamp starts

Boot Camp Assistant Failed to connect (quitItem) outlet from (A Window Controller) to (NSMenuItem)

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2008)

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

500 GB HD Partitioned HALF MS DOS (FAT)

Is there a minimum Configuration I am not meeting?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Silver Keys, 4GB

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 8:19 PM

1 reply

Apr 25, 2015 9:22 PM in response to jorvile

1. Your MBP should have a built-in Optical drive. Macs with built-in Optical drives cannot create USB Installers. Modifying Bootcamp Info.plist is a path paved with pitfalls.

2. From System requirements to install Windows on your Mac via Boot Camp - Apple Support, your model can run W7 64-bit.

MacBook Pro

Mac modelWindows 8 64-bitWindows 7 64-bitWindows 7 32-bitWindows Vista 64-bitWindows Vista 32-bitWindows XP 32-bit

MacBook Pro

(15-inch, Early 2008)

-44DVDDVDDVD

3. What is the version of Bootcamp Assistant you currently have? This is not same as Bootcamp drivers version.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.