Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac taking a long time to boot up. won't get passed the white screen

My iMac that I bought around 2008 has started to slow down. Last week, it would freeze and I would have to reboot it and after a few times of rebooting it, it would start to run. Now, it would just sit on the whit screen. I can make it into Safe Mode and it runs fine, so no white screen of death. I reset the PRAM and still struggling. I haven't tried redownload Mavericks, but I am hoping that'll work. Anyone know how I can fix this?

iMac

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 6:29 PM

8 replies

May 16, 2015 1:00 AM in response to TCharity

(UPDATE) I went 2 weeks with Apple Care on phone, until they determined that it was hard drive and they said since the iMac is a 2008, that they couldn't touch it, so they suggested that I bring it to a registered Apple repair place. Since, I do not have $300 for new drive and labor fees, I just bought a new hard drive nad put it in myself. I fromatted it, put Mavericks on it and it is STILL not getting passed the Apple logo. I am at my wits end with this thing. I can't just replace $2000 computer that might as well be a oversized Lite Brite.

iMac taking a long time to boot up. won't get passed the white screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.