Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gestures not working on magic trackpad in Yosemite 10.10.3

My Magic Trackpad in no longer performing gestures. All gestures on the "More Gestures"tab

I have disconnected it from the Bluetooth settings, turned off the iMac and turned it back on.

Does anyone know of a way to resolve this?

I am using an iMac Retina

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)

4 GHz Intel Core i7

32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB

Software version 10.10.3 (14D136)

Thank you in advance.

Chris

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 9:01 AM

None of my three and four finger gestures will work in OSX10.10.3 on iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011) 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5

All tapping and two finger gestures are working as designed.

My troubleshooting processes:

• I have deleted all trackpad related preference files
  • repaired disk permissions
  • Changed batteries and cleaned the track padx surface
  • reset iMac PRAM
  • deleted Magic track pad from paired bluetooth devices in System Preferences
  • Created a new user and went through pairing and configuring gestures every possible way
  • copied preference files from an alternative MacBook Air where 3&4 finger gestures worked

None of these have resolved the issue.

I have paired this same magic track pad with my MacBook Air and all gestures work as designed. Firmware complication?

Apple, please provide resolution ASAP.

-JT

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2015 9:01 AM in response to IndigoReef

None of my three and four finger gestures will work in OSX10.10.3 on iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011) 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5

All tapping and two finger gestures are working as designed.

My troubleshooting processes:

• I have deleted all trackpad related preference files
  • repaired disk permissions
  • Changed batteries and cleaned the track padx surface
  • reset iMac PRAM
  • deleted Magic track pad from paired bluetooth devices in System Preferences
  • Created a new user and went through pairing and configuring gestures every possible way
  • copied preference files from an alternative MacBook Air where 3&4 finger gestures worked

None of these have resolved the issue.

I have paired this same magic track pad with my MacBook Air and all gestures work as designed. Firmware complication?

Apple, please provide resolution ASAP.

-JT

Apr 29, 2015 1:29 PM in response to lccmactech

I had a chat with Apple Support and they notified me it was not a "known issue" and I informed them that annoying as the gestures malfunctioning is, it was not what I would consider urgent and that I would continue a case with them at some future point...

This morning and this may just be an complete coincidence, but things are now working.

Here is what I did. I noticed my Time Machine had not backed up in over 2 weeks and Time Machine Preferences stated my TM disk was unavailable.

I powered off my iMac and external Time Machine Disk. I unplugged my Time Machine disk from the iMac and rebooted the iMac.

After logging back in to the iMac, I interfaced my T.M. Disk and powered it back on. Wuala -- my 3 & 4 finger gestures are working, along with my Time Machine Back up... So, it could all be voodoo, etc., but you may wish to give it a try.

-JT

May 23, 2015 12:39 AM in response to IndigoReef

For me I was using a Micro USB 2.0 in a USB 3.0 Port, on a Seagate Go flex, If I use a micro USB3.0 Cable my gestures stay intact!! i hope this helps.

My iMac has USB 2.0 but for some reason this helped...😕

This is with a iMac:

(20-inch, Early 2008)

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

3 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT 128 MB

Its probable time for a upgrade...

Gestures not working on magic trackpad in Yosemite 10.10.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.