Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I phone 4s will not recognize my new apple id

I recently changed my apple id, I no longer use the email I first started with, and my phone does not recongize my new set up. Plus every three seconds an Apple id icon keeps popping up with my old email, and I've seemed to get a virus of some sort because the "other" is at 10.5 gigabytes. How do rest my id on the phone? I've tried to do a rest but when I turn off the "fine my phone" the same thing keeps happening.

any ideas

Thanks

Steve

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 8:33 PM

5 replies

Apr 26, 2015 11:57 AM in response to P8Fam04

Try to turn off "Find my iPhone" on your phone, then set it back to factory settings, explained in this article:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Then set it up with the new Apple ID.

If your "Other" section got that big, this is a sign that something went wrong during a sync process and iTunes can't read those files or data anymore. Restoring the phone usually reduces the size to normal again.

Apr 27, 2015 10:14 AM in response to Ingo2711

Thanks again Ingo, but we are getting closer, the article is not quite the solution yet. So for example what is happening, when I go to use my phone here lately, every three seconds one of three things pop up, "face time requires sign in", "apple id requires sign in", "I cloud requires sign in". So if I could figure a way how to get this device to recognize my new ID I would hope the intrusion of the pop up would be gone. The problem with my old long in, it is tied with an old email I no longer use nor have set up. And I even put in my old password but it still does not work.

Since the last post, I powered down the phone, and I no longer have 10.5 gigabytes taking up my phone space. I did a phone reset and took off all music and pictures off the phone too. But yesterday even at 92% battery life the phone decided to shut down and would power back up until I hooked it up to power cord. I'm beginning to think because my phone is two years old that Apple designed this into the life of the phone to make me get a new one. But I hope not.

Any other ideas? Thanks again for your time and ideas

Steve

I phone 4s will not recognize my new apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.